Offered Salary 1000
Career Level Others
Experience 2 Years
Totally Recruitment Limited are currently recruiting HGV2/LGV2 Drivers for our client based within the Erdington area. These will be on-going/temporary to permanent roles for the right candidates.
You will be required to deliver product to pubs/clubs and other similar business within the hospitality industry, the amount of drops vary between 8 – 15 per day dependent on the location of the route covered, deliveries are usually made across the greater midlands area.
This role will involve heavy lifting due to delivering items such as kegs of beer, cases of wines and spirits. You may also be required to carry/lower products up and down into customers cellars therefore the need to be physically fit is essential. Equipment and training will be provided to assist with the handling of kegs of beer and you will also have the assistance of a driver’s mate.
FULL TRAINING GIVEN: This is supplied over a 2-week period: –
Week 1 – Involves classroom-based training, covering inductions, manual handling and safe systems at work.
Week 2 – Out on the road – Job shadow training with a permanent member of the team.
To be considered for this role, you must hold or be able to demonstrate the following: –
- Hold a valid HGV2 licence entitlement with previous commercial driving experience.
- Hold both a valid driver qualification card and digital tachograph card.
- Be able to driver in a safe and efficient manner, ensuring adherence to parking, speed and road signage.
- Work safely within the Health and Safety Environmental guidelines and ensure that all vehicle checks are carried out prior to commencement of work.
- Are flexible in approach to work, and work effectively as part of a team, providing support in resolving problems and have a can do, right first time and passionate approach
- Work within all legal parameters of drivers’ hours and working time directive legislation, being fully compliant with tachograph and break requirements
Upon passing your probationary period, our client offers the following benefits: –
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Medical cover
- Retail discounts
- Flexible working
- Training, development
- Secondment opportunities and many more.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, start times vary between 05.00am and 07.00am until finish.
Inductions are available immediately you must ensure you are committed and able to attend the 2 full weeks training with our client to be successful for the role.
To apply please email your CV to us by pressing on the apply button below, attentively please contact our Birmingham branch on 0121 508 5930 and speak with Nicole Gardner for further details.